11 Feb 2015

2014 Releases I Still Haven't Read

If you know me at all then you know that I am completely terrible at keeping up to date with things - books, TV, everything! So I thought I'd share with you all six 2014 releases that I still haven't read.




1. Cress by Marissa Meyer
The sad thing about this one is that I'm only now reading Scarlet after I stole it off Chami's shelf. (Yes, this is my favourite story to tell.) It's waiting for me on my shelf but...it's so long until Winter. I don't know if I can!

2. Toxic Heart by Theo Lawrence
I was really, really obsessed with Mystic City so this was one of my most anticipated books of 2015. I did actually pick this up from the library a while back but unfortunately, I think I've decided not to finish this series.

3. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
This is probably the book I've stayed the most excited about throughout the year. I haven't had the chance to pick it up yet but it's third on my list (after Every Move and The Winner's Crime, of course!)

4. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Yep, judge me! I still haven't gotten to this yet and it's killing me. The thing is, I own the first book in hardback which means I need to own the whole series in hardback. It's expensive :( Oh, the hoes of being a booklover!

5. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings
Does that cover not make you want to desperately pick this up? I've almost ordered this off the Book Depo a few times, but I always end up getting something else instead. 

6. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
And the most embarrassing of all! You might be like, but Ely didn't you practically cry when you picked this up in Sydney? Why yes, yes I did and I cried my way through the first 250 pages or something back in September. Now it just sits there and judges me. IT JUDGES ME.

There we go! I am full of shame for not being able to keep up with books, but I am really trying to keep up with those 2015 releases. Trying is the key word there. What 2014 books have you not got around to yet?