27 Sept 2014

Ely's Recommendations #6

Aaaaaand, I'm back with more recommendations! As usual, you can find the other parts of my endless recommendation series here- #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5.

1. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
This had been on my TBR for the longest time (ever since it came out and Chami bought herself a copy), then for Christmas last year Chami bought me my own copy. (Words cannot describe how excited I was when I unwrapped it.) Then recently, I just had this sudden urge to read it. I absolutely loved it- it was so quick and enjoyable and just ALL THE FEELS.

2. The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger
I didn't think this would ever be my thing, but then my lovely friend Michelle talked out in one of her videos and suddenly I'd borrowed the book and was already 200 pages into it. This is a really fun read- it just made me really, really happy even though things have been kind of suckish lately. It's definitely a nice pick-me-up read.

3. On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
A few months ago now (I think), the wonderful Ebony read and reviewed this and ever since then I have been stalking every bookstore possible for a nice copy of this. Eventually, I caved and just borrowed it from the library but it was SO GOOD that now I need my own copy. This book is a little bit difficult to get into and follow along with, but it's totally worth pushing on with.

4. Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
This is one of those books that I've raved about to a couple of people already. It just completely destroyed me. Then I wrote this massive review about it.

5. Adorkable by Sarra Manning
I finished this book about an hour ago and it's the whole reason I wanted to do one of these posts. This was another one I picked up because of Michelle. It was just AMAZING. I went through literally every emotion while reading this book - from anger, to sadness, to happiness. It was just what I needed!

Let me know if you're going to pick any of these up, or if there are any books that you'd like to recommend to me! Hope you're all having a lovely weekend :)