1 Aug 2013

July Wrap-Up + August TBR

Last month I set myself 37 books to read I managed to complete 7 of them which include: My Soul to Save, The Crucible, The Zoo Story, If I Stay, OMG,Vampire Academy and Where She Went.
As I'm terrible at resisting books from friends and libraries, I also managed to read 2 books that were not originally on my TBR which include: The Hollow and The Invention of Hugo Cabret.
So my grand total for this month is 9 books which kind of sucks but...



I spent a great deal of my time this month, rearranging my bookcase rather than spending my time doing something useful like actually reading books, but this made me realise just how many books I actually own that I haven’t read which then led to me to thinking that there are going to be books that I own that I’m going to absolutely love, but there are also books I’m going to dislike. And so, this month I plan to read as many books off my bookshelves as I can so that I can make more room for the books I actually like, but also some new ones. So for the month of August, I plan to read 40 books in total. 

* = currently reading

Author requests
The Gatekeeper’s Daughter by Eva Pohler *
BRB by Bob Wernly and Kathy Clark
Happily Never After by Missy Fleming
Storm of Arannon by R.E. Shehan *
Arabelle's Shadow by Fleur Gaskin *
The Serpent's Ring by H.B. Bolton *
Sunshine by Nikki Rae
From my bookshelf
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
Sons and Lovers by D.H Lawrence
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien
The Go-Between by L.P Hartley
On a Dark Wing by Jordan Dane
All That I Am by Anna Funder
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
Strange Angels by Lili St Crow
Ink by Amanda Sun
Paper Towns by John Green
Fallen by Lauren Kate
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Devil’s Consort by Anne O’Brien
Beowulf by Seamus Heaney *
Books in progress from last month
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown *
Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo *
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley *
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier *
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte *
Book of Lies by James Maloney *
Borrowed books
Room by Emma Donoghue
Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan
Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams
The Haunted by Jessica Verday
The Hidden by Jessica Verday
N or M by Agatha Christie
A Murder is Announced by Agatha Christie
Abdication by Juliet Nicolson
Audiobooks
Murder of a Midsummer’s Night by Kerry Greenwood
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini