18 Jul 2013

SHATTER ME SERIES PLAYLIST

Since Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi is my absolute favourite book, because of it's utter perfection, I've decided to compile a list of songs that I believe fit perfectly with the series. As Ely knows, I've had countless obsessive moments where I rave about Warner and all the other characters of this series, So without furthermore (No Spoilers), here I go:

7. Landscape - Florence and the Machine
This song screams Juliette at every aspect of the series. She's dangerous and chaotic, no matter how much she doesn't want to be. She's just like the weather. Can't hold her together.


6. Happening - Olivia Broadfield. Olivia will always be one of those indie artists that I absolutely adore to pieces. "Happening," to me, explains the best chapter of the series (Chapter 62 - Unravel Me) when Juliette said a couple of idiotic things about Warner, and she questions him.


5. I'm In Here - Sia. If we jump back to the first novel, "Shatter Me," this would be the background scene to the whole Asylum life. Every word in this song sounds like an aching call. Juliette's aching call.


4. Dream - Priscilla Ahn. If we could convert Juliette's white bird into a song, it would be this. This is utterly perfect. This is what she would want to have.


3.  Ashes and Wine - A Fine Frenzy. One line just really gets me in this song. "If that will make you hurt like me." You are probably thinking that it is the weirdest line to pick from that song, but it's not. In the end of Unravel Me (No Spoilers i promise!) something happens to one of our leads that results in another one of our leads acting out in desperation to save that someone. That someone looks up at the other lead and says a line that announces that if someone died, another person would die too.  Now I hope that didn't give too much away.



2. Echo - Jason Walker
 Warner. Warner. Warner.

1. LandFill - Daughter
This is the song of their people. This is how I think Juliette felt about Warner at the end of Shatter Me. I'm not saying anything else!




I hope everyone enjoyed this. I had fun making it.  If you have time please send it to Tahereh Mafi on twitter. I've been trying to get her attention but no luck!  Leave a comment down below if you have any other suggestions.