13 Jun 2013

REVEW: The Evolution Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


Title: The Evolution Of Mara Dyer (The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer, 2#)
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Format: Ebook
Pages: 507
Rating: 5/5Blurb:

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


Review:
Holy Shit.
Holy Shit.
Holy Shit!
It has been five minutes max from finishing “The Evolution Of Mara Dyer,” and it blew my mind in everyway possible. Not only are the characters realistic with the choice of dialogue for each character, it is hell creepy. Young Adult books usually don’t creep me out, but this is one exception. Truthfully, I wasn’t sure how this was going to turn out. I expected way more from “The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer,” as the hype that was built with it was humungous and I wasn’t truly very happy with it, but the second one has skipped to all the conventions of a season finale of a tv show or a last book in a gigantic series. It was surprise after surprise and I just loved it. There were many parts that confused me and made me think, “Woah, what the hell is going on here.” But they were kind of explained so that is always good in the end isn’t it? Overall, I thought this was one of the best sequel books I have ever read to a series and I now realise that the publishers must’ve read the second book or something to pick this up (Wink wink). I cannot wait for the next book and see where the letter from the first book has connected with this whole series.

Spoiler: This book could be divided to two books, and I would clearly cut it off for when she went of to the inpatient retreat. Truly, I had thought the part where Jude had kidnapped Mara was the climax of the whole book, and I was so wrong! That ending! It blew my mind! It was intense and it broke my heart.

What really annoyed me were all the employees of the mental hospital and Mara’s mum. Seriously? You wouldn’t seriously do that to your daughter! What is wrong with you.

Just to clear it up.
I definitely don’t think that Noah is dead. So I’m not worried about him.